We have the complete list of Rugby World Cup winners from 1987 to 2019. The Rugby World Cup began in 1987, and it occurs every four years. South Africa is the current champion of RWC Events.
Quick Guide : Steps to Watch Rugby World Cup 2023 Free Online
- Subscribe ExpressVPN to stream Rugby Matches
- Choose and connect to a secure VPN location in the UK..
- Visit ITV.com to start streaming live TV securely on any network
- Enjoy Rugby World cup live online!
Let’s take a brief look at the RWC Winners
List of Rugby World Cup Winners (1987-2019)
1987: New Zealand
Tournament : 8 September to 28 October 2023
Watch Online Anywhere : Order ExpressVPN (Full Guides To Watch Online)
Live in USA : Fubo TV, Sling TV, Hulu TV, NBC Sports
Live in UK : BBC iPlayer, ITV
Where to Watch : TF1 (France) Stan Sports (Australia), Raiplay (Italy) & Worldwide TV channels
Hosting and winning the first-ever Rugby World Cup launched an eventful legacy for New Zealand.
In 1991, the Wallabies won their first Webb Ellis Cup, defeating England in the final.
1995: South Africa
As the Springboks won their first title at the end of the apartheid era, 1995 was a historic year for South Africa.
In 1999, the Wallabies took their second Rugby World Cup.
In 2003, England became the sole Northern Hemisphere team to win the Webb Ellis Cup, breaking the Southern Hemisphere’s winning streak.
2007: South Africa
In 2007, South Africa won their second Cup title, equaling Australia’s total.
2011: New Zealand
In 2011, the All Blacks held up their second Webb Ellis Cup.
2015: New Zealand
The All Blacks won the World Cup for the third time in 2015, achieving a consecutive win.
2019: South Africa
The Springboks won their third Rugby World Cup title in 2019, tying New Zealand for the most victories.
List of RWC Winners Till Date
|3||1995||South Africa||New Zealand||15-12|
There is much more to the Rugby World Cup than just a tournament. It celebrates sportsmanship, teamwork, and the global rugby community as a whole.
With its intense competition and high standards, this sport is reflected in the Roll of Honor from 1987 to 2019.
With the upcoming 2023 Rugby World Cups just around the corner, we can’t help but wonder, which team will be the next to etch their name in the glorious history of the Rugby World Cup?
FAQ – Frequently Ask Questions
In what year and where did the first Rugby World Cup take place?
Which Team Won the First Rugby World cup Trophy ?
What is the number of times the Australian team has won the Rugby World Cup?
Which teams have won the most Rugby World Cups Titles?
How frequently is the Rugby World Cup tournament to be played on?
- 1 List of Rugby World Cup Winners (1987-2019)
- 2 List of RWC Winners Till Date
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 FAQ – Frequently Ask Questions
- 4.1 In what year and where did the first Rugby World Cup take place?
- 4.2 Which Team Won the First Rugby World cup Trophy ?
- 4.3 What is the number of times the Australian team has won the Rugby World Cup?
- 4.4 Which teams have won the most Rugby World Cups Titles?
- 4.5 How frequently is the Rugby World Cup tournament to be played on?