As the Rugby World Cup 2023 approaches, fans around the globe are eagerly anticipating an epic clash between two formidable teams – England and Japan. This showdown, scheduled for September 17th, promises to deliver a display of skill, intensity, and passion on the hallowed grounds of Stade de Nice in Nice, France. In this blog article, we will delve into the anticipation surrounding this match and explore where you can catch all the action on TV or through live stream options.
Quick Guide : Steps to Watch Rugby World Cup 2023 Free Online
- Subscribe ExpressVPN to stream Rugby Matches
- Choose and connect to a secure VPN location in the UK..
- Visit ITV.com to start streaming live TV securely on any network
- Enjoy Rugby World cup live online!
England – The Red-Rose Warriors:
Renowned for their powerful forward pack and clinical finishing skills, England enters this match as favorites. With a rich rugby history and a thirst for victory in global tournaments like the Rugby World Cup, these tea-drinking enthusiasts mean serious business. Led by captain Owen Farrell and backed by star players like Maro Itoje and Manu Tuilagi, England is determined to kick off their campaign with a resounding win over Japan.
Japan – The Brave Blossoms Return:
After their sensational run to the quarterfinals in the 2019 World Cup hosted on home soil, Japan has captured international attention with its innovative attacking style of play and indomitable spirit. They enter this rematch against England hungry for redemption following a narrow defeat four years ago. Spearheaded by key players such as Ryohei Yamanaka, Atsushi Sakate,and Yu Tamura; Japan aims to surprise once again leaving opponents lost in translation.
Tournament : 8 September to 28 October 2023
Watch Online Anywhere : Order ExpressVPN (Full Guides To Watch Online)
Live in USA : Fubo TV, Sling TV, Hulu TV, NBC Sports
Live in UK : BBC iPlayer, ITV
Where to Watch : TF1 (France) Stan Sports (Australia), Raiplay (Italy) & Worldwide TV channels
A Pivotal Encounter
This match holds significant importance as it is not only about bragging rights but also could shape Pool D’s destiny in terms of advancing further into knockout stages. Both teams are considered serious contenders who have proven themselves capable of going far in previous tournaments.The stakes are high both psychologicallyand strategicallyas they battle each other with lightning-fast footwork, bone-crushing tackles,and strategic gameplay. Expect nail-biting moments that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
A Rematch in the Making:
This match is a rematch of the thrilling 2019 World Cup quarterfinal where England emerged victorious with a narrow 19-12 win. Japanese warriors are determined to avenge their defeat and prove they’re an unstoppable force in rugby. With four years to plot their revenge and refine their skills, Japan aims to turn the tables on England and leave them lost in a rugby whirlwind.
Where Can You Watch?
For those eager to witness this exhilarating clash from the comfort of their homes or favorite sports bars, here’s how you can catch all the heart-pounding action:
- France – TF1 Group, France 2 et M6
- Netherlands – Ziggo Sport
- South Africa – SuperSport
- United Kingdom – ITV
- United States – NBC Sports
- Australia – Stan Sport (all matches) and Nine Network (all Australia matches and the final)
- Italy – RAI and Sky Sport Italia
- New Zealand – Sky Sport (New Zealand)
- Canada – TSN
- Malaysia – beIN Sports
- Georgia – Live on 1TVSport
- Japan – Nippon TV, NHK, and J SPORTS
Top Streaming Platform
- Peacock (US): Enjoy the match for $4.99/month (ad-supported) or $9.99/month (ad-free).
- Stan Sport (Australia): Catch the action for just $10/month.
- Nine Now (Australia): Tune in for free (with ads) – yes, you read that right!
- Sky Sport Now (New Zealand): Take your pick: $19.99/week or $39.99/month.
- SuperSport (South Africa): Grab the popcorn for ZAR54.90/month.
- ITV Hub (UK): No cost, no problem! Enjoy for free (with ads).
- TF1 (France): Say “oui” to free (with ads) streaming!
Leading up to kick-off time, each channel also offers pre-match analysis,build-up,and captivating insights into teams’ strategies so viewers can fully engage with every aspect of this highly anticipated clash.
|Country||Channel||Start Time||Pre-Match Analysis|
|United Kingdom||ITV1||20:00 BST||Begins at 19:30 BST|
|United States||NBC||14:00 ET||Begins at 14:30 ET|
|Australia||Stan Sport||17:00 AEDT||Begins at 17:30 AEDT|
|Australia||Nine Network||17:00 AEDT||Begins at 17:30 AEDT|
|New Zealand||Sky Sport NZ||18:00 NZST||Begins at 18:30 NZST|
|France||France Télévisions||20:00 CET||Begins at 20:30 CET|
|Japan||NHK||21:00 JST||Begins at 21:30 JST|
For those who enjoy placing bets on sporting events like Rugby World Cup matches, bookmakers provide various odds reflecting their predictions for England vs. Japan:
Betfair favors England at odds of 4/11
Paddy Power believes in Japan with odds of 11/4 for a Brave Blossoms victory
William Hill can’t decide, offering odds of 1/1 for a draw